January 04, 2014

A Tragic Story

 I blinked.
Once. Twice.

I've gathered my thoughts.

Then it sank in.

I started running.
I was running fast.
Running away from that person that held me captive.
Running away from that person who wants me captive.

I was running until my legs could no longer take another step.
My feet stopped but my body kept moving.
My body lunged  forward. I ended falling to the ground.

I know it was a bad fall.
I know I had scratches but I don’t feel the pain,
for it was my whole body that was aching.
I was panting really hard.
I was holding on to staying conscious.

When I was able to catch my breath only did I realize where I was.
It was nothing but a vast empty land and darkness.
I can see no light, only the lightnings from the sky.

Then I felt droplets of water on skin.
Plick. Plock.

It started pouring hard.
Lightning.
Darkness.
Thunder.
Darkness.

I felt weak.
I sat at the rocky path of a road.
I embraced my legs.
I started to cry.
Then I heard footsteps.

I stood up and tried to walk but I ended falling to the ground.
My knees were shaking.
My whole body was trembling.

I crawled for my life,
Scraping my knees on the dirty road
as I try to move forward,
But the footsteps were coming closer and closer.

I was sobbing now.
I was still trying to crawl but I can no longer see where I was going.
I stopped. I wiped my eyes and looked to my back.

I saw him.

He grabbed me from the waist.
I kicked, I scratched, I screamed.
And then everything went black.

Was it just a dream?

I opened my eyes and I realized that I was sitting at the back of car.
I saw a familiar face on the passenger seat,
my bestfriend.
Relief flood through me.

Then I saw the driver,
It was my boyfriend.
A tear escaped my left eye.
I was so happy to see him.
I was saved.

Until I saw him hold her hand.

And then I remember why I was trying to escape.
My comfort and my future chose to leave me to love each other.
That was the nightmare I was running away from.


And then everything turned black.