November 13, 2013

Friday night catastrophe.

I don’t know what we are again.
I don’t know where we are.
Our friends are definitely not happy with this. Like for example,

Kat: Di ka pa natuto.
Patrick: both of you are so infuriatingly confusing.
 JM: I don’t believe in the 3-month rule pero she deserves three months.
(all of them are non-verbatim)


Anyway, so here’s my story. 11.08.2013


Last Friday night, I was busy watching Smurfs while someone parked a car outside our house, knocked on my door and asked if I wanted to go for a ride. Of course, I stupidly said yes. We went to Glorietta then we ate at Burger King. Then your mom texted you, asking you to buy some things from the supermarket, and so we went there and bought those stuff. Grocery shopping was fun, you know? We pretended like we’re married and you were like, “honey, what salt shall we buy?” or “honey, will our daughter like this?” People were staring at us, and I couldn’t stop laughing. The laughter stopped when we got back to the car. “hindi to pwede, Xyriel.” and so you said, “I don’t see any reason why but I’m just gonna agree with you.”

The car was filled with awkward silence. Then you broke it and asked me if we can drive by your house first because you were scared of the ice cream (and all other creams) melting. You assured me that your parents were still out because of some forgotten reason. When we got there, you were wrong.

I was forced to eat dinner again, dessert included and your mother pleaded I stay for the night since the weather was not at its finest.

Your mother pleaded I stay for the night....and I caught you smiling.

Since mom thought we were going out as a group, I semi made her think that “we’ll all be staying” for the night at your house. She wasn’t thrilled but it was a really scary night, so she couldn’t say no either.

We both stayed at your pseudo living room. I slept in the sofa bed while you, in a futon. We never really did much sleep. I actually didn’t sleep because I was afraid your family might hear my loud snooore. We watched several random shows and movies while you feed me junk.

You talk a lot, you know? You’d give comments about the shows; you’ll make fun of them, of me, even yourself. You were funny! You weren’t this mushy person you were when you were still wooing me. You told me about your past schools, you being a lola’s boy and how you miss both of your grandparents, you also told me about your fear of dying in a very stupid way, like from beating the red light, or drunk driving. Hahaha! It was enlightening!

Anyway, you forced me to make some waffles at two in the morning. It was my first time to make waffles and to use a waffle maker. Then you drove me home at around 6am. I had fun.

Can I tell you something? I’d rather be your buddy and spend my nights like that with you than be something else.