June 17, 2012

Series of unfortunate events: ONE


Last March I was heartbroken again. 

I met a guy named ‘asshole’. He was sweet, he was cool and he has a car. He studies in Ateneo and he is very much conyo, which is one of our similarities. He was my fantasy boy. I met him through a mutual friend.

He loves to party and socially awkward, he is not. He is very outspoken and very frank, but he is a liar too, if you must know.

Being sweet and outspoken is a trait of a charmer and a charmer he’s every bit. He had a smexy voice and it complemented all the lies that escaped his mouth. I was captivated. I was deceived. I was a fool, indeed.

Why am was I so angry? Well, I thought we had a ‘mutual understanding’, he said so himself, but I very was wrong. While my head was slowly slandered, the world was unfortunately laughing at me for he had a girlfriend. Oh what a tragedy that has happened to me!

He was great in so many ways. He was thoughtful, smart and the most important part that he did was that he went all the way to SM Calamba just to see me (I didn’t go to Manila that weekend because it was hell week, but yes, I used the Saturday of that weekend to go out on a date with Mr. A-hole). He was the only guy who travelled far just to see me. Though i remember feeling uneasy when a particular event happened that day, a girl texted him. I should’ve known. I should’ve followed my instinct.

So it continued for another week or two until I found out that he already had (they’ve broken up after he cheated.) a girlfriend. It was fucking frustrating because I was ‘falling’ for the guy, but of course, I can’t steal away somebody else’s boyfriend. I ended it. But then she (his ex) found out and broke up with him too! I know so because she told me herself (through Facebook message).

After that, that horrible bastard blamed me for ruining his relationship with his girlfriend, I wasn’t guilty, not even a bit. I knew I was a victim too. After a day of harassment (he called me numerous names that aren’t even legal to be written in the dictionary, that bad), I finally hit my head on the wall and decided to turn off my cellular phone so that he won’t pester me, even for just a short while.

He stopped calling me that week but then he told me he loves me the following week. I was baffled and his head was cracked beyond repair. My knees still felt weak for him. My head still send kilig signals to my body whenever he texts me. I know that I was a complete moron for even thinking twice of accepting him back into my life. Thankfully, I had my ex-boyfriend to talk some sense to me, and that he did. My ex told me that maybe, he was just trying to get even and maybe, my ex was right. So I followed his advice and hated Mr. A-hole.

I have moved on since then.

_____________________________________________________________________________
(c) Jo Villanueva